Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Soul Rhapsody~ Epic Free Style Poetry


~*~Soul Rhapsody~*~

The essence of brass vibrations
that bring me into the NOW
with painless memories
which have
been sealed by the newness of
life's vitality and promise

My emotions that are born again
from lyrics and resurface the
deep seeded insecurities
in unison
with seedlings that sprout of
passion, hope, and free will

I harbor the feelings that
are brought forth from the
magic of
the artistic ones,
as they chant their message
in thought provoking chorus

When life is void of the rhythm
that feeds my imagination
and ignites
the re-creation of feelings that
have taken refuge,
it fragments my soul

The strum of metal strings
create a mystical way
of cutting
all etheric cords that evoke
the shadows of darkness from
my underworld of negativity

The striking of percussions
that facilitate soul revival
and bring out
the dance of sweetness,
through the release
of my toxic sweat and tears

The gentle winds of harmony
take me to a higher dimension
where I bend
like a reed in the breeze
of serenity, that enlightens
my forgiving soul

The healing that takes place
from the soothing ivory keys,
hit a note of balance
within, and bask me
in the glorious warm lights
of love eternal, which leaves me
breathless

~Desiree Heinen
©Copyright 2009

I wrote this free style epic at a time in my life when I was experiencing great spiritual growth. It was part of my 'sweet surrender' phase that brought me to a whole new level of awareness. A very sacred and heart warming time indeed.

No comments: